2T butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2t almond extract
2 1/4 flour
1 1/2t baking powder
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs (not egg white) and extract until
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and almonds.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture mixing to form a dough.
5. Divide dough into two balls, making each into a flattish log about 10-12" long
and 2" wide.
6. Brush each log with egg white and back about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Remove from oven and slice diagonally into 3/4" wide slices. Arrange cut side
down and return to oven (turned down to 300 degrees) for 10 min. Turn and bake
an additional 10 minutes.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Monday Munchies: My Favorite Almond Biscotti