Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tagged!

Meg tagged me with 7 things meme, so here it is :)

The rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog.

2. Write 7 random things about yourself.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.

4. Pass on the tag.


Ahhhh ... 7 random things about myself ...
1 - I love chocolate, the darker the better. I think dark chocolate should have its own Recommended Daily Allowance

2 - I went on my first first date 2 weeks ago, the first first date I have had since I was 16. It was one of those experiences where I felt like I was an alien trying to pretend to be human like everyone else.

3 - I am what you can call a bipolar chef. I go through spurts where I don't want to cook anything and I wish everyone would eat cereal for dinner for a week, then I go though spurts when I cook everything that is not nailed down. I had one of those spurts this week. On Tuesday, I decided to make chicken ala king from scratch, a crock pot of Italian chicken soup, a batch of homemade honey rye rolls, 9 mini turkey and onion cheeseburgers, a dozen chicken fingers, tomato and mozzarella salad and stuffed peppers. Why? I have no idea. Thankfully some friends came over Thursday night for dinner to help us eat some of it. My freezer is teeny tiny and every time I opened it, turkey burgers would fall out on me.

4 - I read obsessively. I tend to pick a genre and read everything I can find in it then move on. I think I have read every book on parenting in general, and attachment parenting specifically, in our local libraries. Homeschooling books too. I have moved on to forensic murder mystery type novels now. I frequently will start a novel around midnight when I stop sewing, read half of it, fall asleep then finish the rest of it before getting out of bed in the morning. I just did that a few days ago with James Patterson's "When the Wind Blows". I am currently reading both James Patteson's "Big Bad Wolf" and J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit". somehow I made it out of high school English without ever reading The Hobbit or the LOTR Trilogy. I am remedying that now ;)

5 - I love to go picking. Pick your own farms are my friend :) Even prior to having kids, I went every chance I could get. Pumpkins are my favorite thing to pick, but basically I will pick anything anyone will let me pick. My dream is to one day have my own farm. And goats. I have always wanted a bunch of pygmy goats. And sheep. Gotta have sheep so I can spin the wool to knit.

6 - I am ridiculously shy and awkward in real life. It always makes me laugh to hear online friends describe me as friendly because in real life, I am the person you would vote least likely to speak to anyone. I just keep to myself. Get me on the internet though and I just talk and talk ;)

7 - My musical taste is mostly stuck in a time warp. I am partial to 80s heavy metal and 90s alternative. I also have a soft spot for 50s Do-Wop music. You will find me most often listening to Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, Queensryche, Rush, Stu Hamm, Joe Satriani, Prong and anything else from that time period with a rally good bass line. I have recently decided that I like Nickelback, so maybe I am coming into the 00s.


Ok, so who am I tagging?
We'll start with Karma and Anna friends and business partners from K&F
Amy, an awesome knitter and owner of Crankypants
Meri, another fab knitter, who also spins the most amazingly beautiful yarns
Suzanne, the amazing Goodmama mama
Jess, photographer extraordinaire
Julie, amazing knitter and hand embroiderer

1 comment:

karmama said...

I should have been working tonight! But this was fun and made me think about me, thanks!