Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chaos!


Well, it is a controlled chaos ;) It's T minus 9 days and counting ... I have 65 diapers to make in 9 days or less. Think I can do it?? I think I can do it. Yesterday and today, I finished my prep work, which was started in early September (lots of embroidery!), so all the diapers are cut and snapped, embroidered and have all the layers cut out, all the cores sewn in. I have not started on the soakers yet, but I think I will just do all those up at once at the end.



So what are all these diapers for? The majority are for my current co-op. Then there are Rounds 16 and 17 from the "No Stalk BedBug" database, as well as instock for tomorrow at Tree of Life and one diaper for the True Colors charity dyers challenge.



As I look at this huge, enormous pile on my bed (which is a queen size, by the way, for reference as to how large that pile actually is) , I think to myself that I probably should be feeling overwhelmed and nervous. But the reality is that I love it - I thrive on chaos, on having far too many things to do in a short period of time. I don't know how to just sit and do nothing. I always have to be doing at least one thing - I can't watch a movie or tv show unless I am knitting or swing or cutting fabric, or at the very least, have something on the embroidery machine. I take my knitting to the beach and the park to work on while the kids play. Having nothing to do would make me nervous. I think that is when I woudl start to freak out!

Sound for today, courtesy of Holden, age 4 1/2:
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells away
So much fun it is to ride,
So much fun it is - Hurray!


(sung over and over and over and over!)

Watching while I work: House, season 2

No comments: