Thursday, February 18, 2010

Together Tuesday: Happy Chinese New Year!

Yes, I know it is not Tuesday. But this weekend, I surprised A with an impromptu trip to Newport, RI for Valentine's Day ... we had a wonderful (albeit, cold!) weekend, came home all happy and rested. Opened the front door ... to see the bunnies had escaped! Somehow they managed to knock the top off their cage, get out AND PUT THE TOP BACK ON. Or they are ninjas. I am not yet sure. Anyway, thinking my biggest problem was bunny poop, we scooped them up, put them back, vacuumed and went to bed. Little did I know that the next morning when I went to start turning things on I would have problems not remedied by running the vacuum. Why bunnies like to chew through electrical cords and cable, I have no idea. And only live ones at that. Nibble, nibble, nibble ... and I had no internet, no printer, no serger and no speakers! So, yes, I know it is Thursday, but let's just pretend it is Tuesday, ok?

Chinese New Year wall hanging
Gung Hay Fat Choy! Create a special Chinese New Year wall hanging to decorate your house during your celebration. Red is the color traditionally associated with Chinese New Year, so start off with either red paper or red fabric. The year 2006 is the year of the dog, so add a painting, drawing, magazine cut out or photograph of a dog if desired. If your child is able, copy some Chinese characters (link in language activity #1) onto the wall hanging, or write “Happy Chinese New Year”. Other symbols or items to include on your festive wall hanging are: quotes from Confucius, lanterns, swirls of exploding fireworks and dragons.

From Earth*School: Late Winter Holidays
Copyright 2004-2010, Bonnie E. Vontz

No comments: