Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why do I even bother?

Somewhere around Thanksgiving, I decided I needed to break down and buy gloves to wear when I dye. Nevermind that I have been dyeing at least once a week for almost 5 years now and have never, ever worn gloves once. I was perfectly fine with looking like Smurfette or a creature from the black (or red, or green or purple) lagoon on a daily basis. I was so used to it that when my hands were completely flesh colored it startled me. Then i felt the need to go and buy gloves. let me say how much I hate gloves. Wearing latex gloves is like torture - I hate the way they feel. Dye gets in them anyway. Then water gets in them and I get the clammy wet-inside-latex-gloves feeling that makes my skin crawl and I have to tear them off. It's almost as bad as, but not quite, my raw meat aversion. *Shudder*






I wore the gloves! I swear! And somehow I managed to dye my stomach as well. Now I look like I have a hickey right next to my belly button, and we are going swimming tomorrow with friends. And I wear a bikini. Sigh. Why do I even bother?

No comments: