Sunday, August 3, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways ...

My sewing machine repair man, that is. I finally broke down and brought my sewing machine in for much needed service on Thursday. He took a look at it and told me that in the 35 years he has been fixing machines he has never seen one look quite like this and what the heck was I sewing?? now, I do clean out my sewing machine, and frequently too, but this was so packed with bamboo fibers that it had pushed gears out of line and caused the timing to go off which caused the feed dogs to not work. He said he had to pull the entire thing apart and use the air compressor on it to clean it out. Makes me wonder what the inner workings of my serger look like, since that is the one actually cutting the bamboo as it goes! But he had it fixed and ready for me in less than 24 hours. Gotta love that! AND he even cleaned the case, so there is no more spray adhesive residue on it from embroidering/appliquéing. It is like a brand new machine. I am a happy camper!

No comments: