Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Together Tuesday; Tinfoil

I have been thinking about my grandmother a lot lately. I spent an awful lot of time with her when I was a kid, and loved to drop in to visit her for a few minutes when I got old enough to drive. She was an amazing woman, a musical prodigy who went to Yale School of Music in a time when women rarely went to college. She always had a story to tell, and we have tons of stories to tell about her now as well. She called herself "GramTowns". No one is sure quite why; she was just like that ;)



One of the things that she always had at her house was tin foil. When she wasn't capping a bottle of champagne on Christmas Eve with it (and then pulling said bottle out the following Christmas Eve ... "It was COVERED, it's fine to drink. What's wrong with you people?!?!?"), she was pulling out the tin foil to make tin foil jewelry with us. So today's Together Tuesday is to pull out some tin foil and make tin foil jewelry together. We used to twist the tin foil to make bracelets and necklaces, then cut small shaped pieces to attach. I remember my grandmother always making rings with it.

No comments: