Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roller Skating!

I have been roller skating pretty much since I could walk. I have very fond memories of going roller skating every Sunday morning with my mom, my aunt and cousins and some friends. I have a tendency to throw everything away, especially when I move, yet my roller skates from 1985 (yes, seriously!) have managed to stay with me through 6 moves and almost 25 years. So once I had kids, I knew they were going to have to love to roller skate. I've been taking Kenna on and off since she was 18 months old, and she has always enjoyed it. We took a long break, having skated last when I was 9 months pregnant with Holden, then not going back until Holden was about 3 1/2. Holden took to it like a fish to water - every time we go, people comment about him. He runs on his skates, does all these jumps and "fancy moves", and started to try to skate backwards yesterday. That's my boy!


Proud mama moment - both kiddos won free passes yesterday in the limbo contest :) Ok, yes, so did about 20 other kids, but still! They "scootered" under that limbo pole like pros!






Top picture - Kenna (in the blue shirt and jeans) and her bestest friend and "sister", Skylar, doing the Hokey Pokey


Bottom picture - Holden "scootering" under the limbo pole

No comments: