Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bliss is ...

Knitting. I actually forgot how much I love to knit. This year, I have knit one pair of shorts. That's it. That's very, very sad. I decided last week that this situation needed to be remedied asap. So I cast on a pair of pants, which I finished up last night. This afternoon at a birthday party, I cast on another pair of pants and got halfway through the body and was just loving life. Tonight I decided to go in another direction and knit ... A SOCK! I have (1) never knit a sock before and (2) never knit anything for myself before. I am making he pattern for the sock up as I go along, so there is no guarantee that I will actually have knit something for myself when I finish this either, but, what the hell, I am having fun :) I also printed out a bunch of patterns for a top for myself; I have been hoarding some Yarn Love yarn for 2 years now to make a cami/tank top for myself and just never got around to it. I am hoping to get around to it before it gets too cold to actually wear it. Wish me luck!

No comments: